- Visit Campus
- Cost & Aid
- Campus Life
Welcome to The University of South Dakota
You should apply for international undergraduate admission if you meet the following criteria:
- You are seeking a bachelor's degree
- You are not a U.S. citizen
- You are not a permanent resident of the United States
As you learn more about the University, we hope you will find a welcoming environment with globally-recognized academic programs designed to prepare you for a successful career in your chosen field. At the University of South Dakota, you will benefit from all of the prestige, resources and opportunities available at larger universities, but with the personal attention found at smaller schools.
International Admissions Application Options
- First-time Undergraduate Student. If you are an international student who has never been enrolled in post-secondary study, you should apply as a first-time undergraduate student.
- International Transfer Student. If you are an international student who was or is currently enrolled in post-secondary study at another college or university and are now interested in undergraduate admission at the University of South Dakota you should apply as an international transfer student.
- International Graduate Student. If you have completed the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree and are looking to continue your studies as a graduate student at The University of South Dakota, you should apply for Graduate School Admission.
NOTE: F-1 and J-1 non-immigrant students may study only at the Vermillion or the University Center (Sioux Falls) campuses.
Accepted International Students
Congratulations! Once you have been admitted to the university, you can explore campus resources and gather additional information on your next steps as an accepted international student.